Interested Candidates should contact:
Chris Halsted via email at email@example.com
Job Title: Safety Specialist
Who We Are: USCS is driven to advance, innovate and serve companies seeking the best service, facilities, and logistics in the cold chain. We are employee focused, an equal employment opportunity employer and would love to have you join our team.
The Job Details: The Safety Specialist is responsible for conformity of all company, state, and federal health and safety rules. This position will perform a variety of supervisory, administrative, training and auditing tasks to identify and mitigate potential workplace hazards. The Safety Specialist must be self-motivated, work with a minimal amount of supervision, and be responsible for the maintenance of training records for the safety program within the warehouse. Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Accuracy of all paperwork produced.
- Complete new employee orientation training procedure.
- Implement & Monitor all Safety Guidelines & Programs (Meetings, Trainings & Documents).
- Follow company policies, guidelines and work instructions.
- Maintain professional relationship with the employees, customers, and vendors.
- Maintain working knowledge of Risk Management Program.
- Maintain use and working knowledge of “HITTS” program (Accident Investigation and Tracking System).
- Professional and courteous to team members.
- Completion of work orders & job tasks
- Train all employees in various safety and regulatory compliance topics.
- Maintain all training records.
- Manage the creation, posting, distribution, retention records of safety bulletins, monthly safety quizzes, and monthly safety committee meetings.
- Provide leadership to the efficient coordination and execution of workflow throughout the warehouse, consistently keeping safety, sanitation, cost controls, productivity, accuracy, team environment.
- Participate in performance monitoring of new warehouse employees.
- Provide hands-on training to the ongoing development of the assigned personnel and teams.
- Evaluate compliance and regulatory process.
- Manage all material handling equipment training, documentation and retention of records.
- Conduct Incident/Injury reports.
- Ensure the completion of monthly safety tests, announce results and maintain records.
- Responsible for any additional tasks delegated by management.
- Working knowledge of the functions of various material handling equipment (e.g. forklifts, pallet jacks, lead acid batteries, battery chargers, electric pallet jacks, man ups, fall protection. stretch wrap machines, tilt table’s clampers etc.).
The Job Specifics:
- Location: Syracuse, UT
- Department and Work Hours: Safety, Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm. Overtime/ Weekends as needed,
- Reports To: Operations Manager & General Manager
- Travel Amount: Minimal (Training opportunities)
- Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years’ experience in all warehouse functions (preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience with warehouse management computer system (preferred)
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and mastery of all warehouse/safety functions
Other Abilities You Will Need to Have: The physical demands described below are representative of those required of an individual performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The Standard Details:
- Always maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications.
- Participate in staff and/or customer meetings if required.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes and/or quality.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Follow all USCS policies, directives and procedures at all times while in the building.
- Participate in Safety and Educational Training.
What’s In It For You:
A great company with great people. Full-time employees not under contract are offered: 401K and Educational Assistance after 1 year; If elected, Blue Cross Blue Shield after 30 days of service; Company Life Insurance; and a bunch of other great perks.
Things We Need To Mention:
- The above job description may not include all tasks necessary to complete the job.
- Job functions may vary based on area of operation. The job description is a listing of the most common tasks the associate will be required to perform in that job area.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.